The Department of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin on the Campus Virchow-Klinikum provides the following information about their
- Research projects and
You are here:
Introduction to the research teams
The research groups of the Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes of Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin work in different areas of Paediatric Endocrinology. The research teams focus in particular on development and evaluation of
- modern technologies (digital health) and
- specialized care models for children and adolescents with diabetes.
Another focus of basic research and translational research are:
- rare forms of monogenetic diabetes (MODY, TNDM)
The scientific projects of the Department of Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes and their dissemination activities are supported and funded by:
- German Diabetes Society (DDG),
- Stiftung Charité,
- Berlin Institute of Health (BIH),
- Wellcome Trust,
- European Union (EU),
- Experimental and Clinical Research Center of Charité.
The main aim of our clinical and translational research is:
- Providing children and adolescents with diabetes with the latest, most advanced therapy concepts and improving both clinical outcomes and quality of life.
As an example, the researchers are working on innovative care plans including telemedicine consultations, the evidence-base of open-source technology in diabetes, and the use and promotion of open data.
Find out more about the research activities of individual research projects below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the research group members directly.